Publication and Access Information
1. Department of Health Annual Report
The Department of Health Annual Report 2009/2010 is available for free access on electronic copy. Apart from reporting on various activities undertaken by the Department, other useful information including health indicators, statistics on major health problems and notifiable infectious diseases are also presented in the Report.
A compact disc (CD-ROM) version is available for sale at HK$15 per copy. For purchase, please:
- call the Publications Sales Unit of Information Services Department (ISD) on 2537 1910;
- visit the online Government Bookstore at This link will open in a new windowhttp://www.bookstore.gov.hk;
- download the order form from the ISD website at This link will open in a new windowhttp://www.isd.gov.hk and submit the order online or by fax to 2523 7195; or
- place order with the ISD by e-mail at email@example.com.
2. Department of Health Environmental Report
3. Strategic Framework for Prevention and Control of Non-communicable Diseases
Department of Health has developed a strategic framework on prevention and control of non-communicable diseases (NCD) in Hong Kong. A strategic document titled "This link will open in a new windowPromoting Health in Hong Kong: A Strategic Framework for Prevention and Control of Non-communicable Diseases" is launched to call for community support in the prevention and control of NCD.
- To promote healthy diet and physical activity participation in Hong Kong, Department of Health has developed and launched an "Action Plan to Promote Healthy Diet and Physical Activity Participation in Hong Kong". This link will open in a new windowPlease click here to view or download the plan.
- To prevent and control alcohol-related harm in Hong Kong, Department of Health has developed and launched an "Action Plan to Reduce Alcohol-related Harm in Hong Kong".This link will open in a new window Please click here to view or download the plan.
4. Other publications, pamphlets and information materials
We have produced publications, pamphlets and other information materials to provide information on the Department's services as well as health topics that are of interest to the community. Most of them are available for free distribution at our clinics, centres and offices and/or free access on the website, while some are for sale at specified prices. Please see here for the detailed list. Members of the public may also obtain information on specific health topics through the various information hotlines.
The Government exists to serve the community well within available resources. To this end, it recognises the need for the community to be well informed about the Government, the services it provides and the basis for policies and decisions that affect individuals and the community as a whole.
The Code on Access to Information (the Code) defines the scope of information that will be provided, sets out how the information will be made available either routinely or in response to a request, and lays down procedures governing its prompt release.
The Code authorises and requires civil servants, routinely or on request, to provide information unless there are specific reasons for not doing so. These reasons are set out in Part 2 and will normally be referred to if a request for information is refused.
Requests for information will be handled as promptly and helpfully as possible and if necessary, members of the public may be approached to clarify their requests or the requests may be directed to the most appropriate department. Procedures will be kept as simple as possible.
The Code also sets out procedures for review or complaint if a member of the public considers that the provisions of the Code have not been properly applied.
The Code can be accessed at This link will open in a new windowhttp://www.access.gov.hk/en/index.htm.
Request for access to information not routinely published by the Department may be made by mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, or sending in a letter or the completed standard This link will open in a new windowapplication form to:
Access to Information Officer
Department of Health
Room 1601, 248 Queen's Road East
Wan Chai, Hong Kong
|Charges:||Other than information which is available free of charge or at specified cost, a standard photocopying charge set by the Treasury will be levied on the information requested.|
Black and white photocopying on A4 size paper :
HK$1.10 per page unless otherwise provided by enactment or approved by the Secretary for Financial Services and the Treasury.
(The charge is subject to revision from time to time.)
Tel: (852) 3107 2593
Fax: (852) 2803 5075
6 . Medical Records
On request from and with the written consent of the subject patient, medical reports, certificates or related information may be issued on charges as specified in the Gazette. For detailed procedures and arrangements, please approach the respective clinics or health centres for enquiry.